Laser Toning treatment
Laser toning is a safe, effective, and advanced cosmetic treatment that helps to treat various skin conditions. This procedure is very popular for treating hyperpigmentation, melasma, chickenpox scars, acne scars, dark spots, sunspots, fine lines and wrinkles and provides an improved skin colour/tone and texture. This treatment offers promising results and makes the skin look brighter, plumper, rejuvenated, and even-toned, as it promotes sub-dermal production of elastin and collagen protein. This treatment works by controlling and managing the pigmentation present in the skin (that causes dark spots) and works by removing the excess melanin pigment naturally. This procedure may take several sessions to deliver the best results. It provides significant results with no side effects.
Skin imperfections like change in tone and texture can occur due to various factors like sun exposure, excessive use of chemical makeup, free radical damage, pollution, hormonal changes, and sometimes genetics. Enlarged open pores and loss of skin elasticity also occur due to decreased collagen. The skin also becomes dehydrated when it lacks proper moisture and hydration and not provided with adequate care.
Mechanism of action of Q switched lasers
Q-Switched ND-YAG laser is one of the best methods to treat pigment related skin problems. Laser toning uses the energy of low fluence laser beam that is targeted for a few microseconds on to the skin to treat pigmentation and other skin aging problems. This procedure uses a beam of a laser of a specific wavelength that can treat pigmentation present deep inside the skin. This triggers collagen production in the skin to improve skin tone and texture.
There are two types of laser energy frequencies that are used for Q-switched laser toning:
- 1064nm penetrates deep inside the skin (boost collagen production and provide anti-aging benefits) and
- 534nm for hyperpigmentation (lighten the skin tone)
The procedure usually takes 20 to 30 minutes. One can see visible results from the very first session.
Suitable candidates for Laser Toning
- Have a realistic expectation of the procedure.
- Struggling from premature aging concerns.
- Must not be pregnant and breastfeeding.
- Suffering from melanosis around the mouth or under the nose.
- Those who want to improve skin blemishes such as liver spots.
- People suffering from acne scars, age spots, sun tan, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- This treatment is also suitable for people who want to treat birthmarks, melasma, and freckles.
Benefits of Laser Toning
- It works best for all skin types.
- This is an instant and easy procedure with no downtime.
- It is effective, painless, less time taking and a comfortable procedure.
- It triggers collagen production to restore the even tone and texture of the skin.
- This treatment makes the skin look brighter and rejuvenated.
- This treats skin problems without damaging the surrounding tissues.
- This treatment plays an important role in treating sun-damaged skin by reducing pigmentation and wrinkles in the skin.
- It also reduces open-enlarged pores by triggering collagen regeneration in the skin.
- The patients can return to their normal daily activities immediately after the treatment.
Procedure Laser Toning
The skin is first cleaned to remove excess oil and dust. In Q-Switched laser treatment, a topical cream is applied for numbing the skin. The laser beam of 1064nm wavelength with a short emission is focused on the affected area of the skin using the ND-YAG medium. The laser penetrates deep inside the skin and destroys melanin pigment into smaller particles in the skin. The laser heat reaches the deep skin layer that stimulates collagen production. The collagen production promotes skin remodelling and improves the appearance of fine lines, pigmentation and open pores in the skin. During toning mode, these broken tiny particles of excess melanin are absorbed by the bloodstream and removed from the body. Laser toning method causes a sub-cellular selective photo thermolysis of excess melanin or pigmentation, hence, protects the skin from laser damage during the procedure.
- Removes dullness and improves inflammatory pigmentation.
- After treatment, one can experience a lightening of pigmented areas and lesions in the skin.
- The skin looks lighter, brighter, and smoother.
- This treatment is effective for remodeling of collagen in the skin that helps bring back the lost skin strength, elasticity, and radiance.
- Stimulates blood vessels and helps to fill in aging lines, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- Minimal discomfort, as this is a non-ablative laser treatment, that does not remove any skin layer.
- Long-lasting results.
- Avoid direct sun exposure.
- Apply sunscreen religiously with high SPFas or any other medicines recommended by the dermatologist.
Laser Toning – Frequently Asked Questions
Although the patient would be able to notice the results after the first session, laser toning is a gradual process. Generally, three to four sessions once every three to four weeks would deliver optimal results to the patient. Many patients who want to maintain the results also visit the clinic after every two-three months.
The laser toning treatment does not take much time. However, the duration of the treatment depends upon the area to be treated. If a person wants treatment over specific areas, then the treatment generally takes about 30-45 minutes.
You can resume your day-to-day activities after getting the treatment. Even, you can apply light makeup after the treatment as it does not damage the skin.
This treatment is right for you if you have common skin concerns. It can help you if you want to rejuvenate or improve the appearance of your skin. Laser toning has many benefits as it is non-invasive, and comfortable while creating long-term results for most skin types.
The treatment requires no downtime. You can go for this treatment during a lunch hour and return to work or resume your normal activities afterward.